|Cappuccino – Italy|
Coffee is one of the luxuries that one can indulge in during life. Some people (including myself) place coffee on a higher level. Wine enthusiasts brag about their experience on a wine tour and go around the world tasting wine around the world. I have done the same for coffee, my favourite part of travelling is to go to coffee-shops. While, I have not been to all places with great coffee, however, I can share my top countries for coffee thus far:
1) Italy – Italy is the country where coffee has been taken to a new level. You can order anything from Esspresso to coffee Macchiato. Caffe Americano is a watered down coffee drink created after WWII when American soldiers found the taste of espresso too intense. Cappuccino is usually served with a design of a rose, heart or a leaf and is a great way to start the morning.
2) Costa Rica – This is where coffee comes from. You can do a coffee tour where you learn about the different types of coffee beans and the process of bringing coffee to your house. From the plant to your coffee maker.
|Coffee Picker in Costa Rica|
3) Turkey – For those that love intensive strong coffee this is the place to go! Turkish coffee is not a bean but a method of making coffee. Grounded coffee beans are boiled in a pot and depending on your preferences with different sugar levels added. It is served in a cup which allows the grounds to settle. If you flip the cup, you can get your fortune read to you as well!
|Coffee in Brazil|
4) Brazil – produces 1/3 of all coffee in the world, with two different varieties of beach Arabic and Robusta. Most coffee has a bit of a bitter taste as it is grown mostly in low altitudes.
5) Jamaica – Coffee from Jamaica’s blue mountains is considered one of the most expensive beans in the world. The taste lacks the bitter coffee taste and is mild making it a very smooth drink.
At the end of the day, you can find a great coffee shop with great coffee beans no matter where you are in the world! !