Mayan Riviera is famous for its all inclusive resorts and as a vacation spot. However, it is also a great place to go for adventure travel and visit archaeological spots!
- Snorkelling: Riveria Maya has some of the best spots for spotting Sea Turtles and exploring the beautiful coral reef in the region.
- Cenote is a natural sink hole located in the Yucatan peninsula.
- If you are lucky to be in the region between June to September, you can snorkel with Whale Sharks which is an experience of a lifetime!
For a bit of culture, visit one of these places:
- Chichen Itza – Was built by the Mayans is one of UNESCO’s new seven world wonders and a must visit for anyone coming to the region.
- Tulum – Dating back to the 12th century, it was an important trading port which was occupied by the Mayans before the Spaniards arrived. With its beautiful sandy beaches around, it is a beautiful place.
- Ancient City of Coba – Located about 2 hours from Cancun, because the city is not as popular as Chichen Itza, you are allowed to get closer to the ruins and make it a more personalized visit.
- Ek Balam– Which means “Bright Star of Jaguar” in the Maya language, is newly restored and has 45 structures for you to explore!
Xcapes- Tours provides all the excursions you may want to do in the region. They add a personal touch and you will not be travelling with the masses. They will be keeping you away from busy crowded areas. Custom private tours are also available.
Leave A Comment