As a Torontonian and a TIFF member, I have been attending the Toronto International Film Festival for over 10 years. This year I decided to share my favorite ways to experience the festival (on top of the great movies)!
1) Cafe Crepe – A perfect place to grab a quick bite to eat at affordable prices. Located at Queen street just north of Scotia theater.
2) Chapters – Next to Scotia theater is a perfect escape for a couple of hours while you wait for another movie. It is a perfect place to pick up a book to read in line or strike a converstation with a person next to you as you check out the movie books.
3) Zaza Espresso Bar – Is in my mind the cities top espresso shop. Located in Yorkville it is a perfect place to people watch and grab an espresso or cappuccino before your screening in Isabel Bader Theatre.
4) Canteen – Located on the main level of the Tiff Lighthouse, it is a perfect place to grab a bite to eat before films all year round. During Tiff, it is one of the most popular and busy locations, however, they do have options to grab food to go already pre-made with lots of healthy salad choices. Perfect for healthy eating on the go!
5) Milestones which is located next to Chapters on John and Richmond has the fastest service possible. Last year they managed to serve a party of 6 in under one hour from the moment of order to the bill payment. Great in house dining experience!
Enjoy the festival!!!
Leave A Comment