Escaping winter in your home town to a warm, sunny destinations is a dream come true. Beyond the critical clothes, flip flops, bathing suit and toothbrush – there are some items that are great to bring to the beach that we sometimes forget to consider. Here is our top 10 suggested suitcase add-ons for sunny destinations:
1. Snorkel – Bring your own snorkel to explore marine life in the ocean – who knows what you will find… or what will find you!
2. Underwater Camera – Capture the memories of your water sport activity, swimming and wet adventures without worry.
3. A ball or two – Bring some light sports equipment to pick up a quick game on the beach as everything is better in the sand. A football or beach tennis is always a great add-on that is sure to add some laughter to a vacation.
4.Deck of cards – For those nights underneath the stars, playing a game of cards to pass the evening is a great way to have a romantic evening or make new friends in the lobby.
5. Aloe Vera Lotion – Packing sunscreen sometimes just isn’t enough… A burnt back can quickly ruin your enjoyment so be sure to bring Aloe Vera cooling gel with you to ease the pain and speed up the healing. It’s a lot cheaper back home.
6. Bug Spray – Avoid the pests and the itch by protecting yourself from mosquitoes after sunset. Especially for those heading to Zika infested countries.
7. Music speakers – Earphones are great especially if you are sharing the beach with strangers, but if you have a piece of the beach to yourself – blast the music and party under the sun.
8. SPF Lip Balm – When the sun gets too hot, the UVA and UVB rays can get you and nothing hurts more than burnt lips – trust me. Protect your body with SPF Lip Balm.
9. Driver’s License – Wherever you are going, beautiful other beaches are not far away. Be sure to bring your license so you can rent a car and explore the beauty of the island.
10. The Classic Beach Read – Take a break from technology and bring a good beach book on your vacation and take advantage of the peace and quiet.
What sunny destinations have you been to so far? Keep track of your travels with the free Visited App available in the App Store today! Let the app show you how much of a continent and the world you have visited, see your progress with your customised travel map, and compare with fellow travellers.